Hyattsville Criminal Lawyer.
Selected To Super Lawyers: 2011 – 2016
Hyattsville criminal lawyer Andrew V. Jezic, a partner of the Maryland law firm Jezic & Moyse, LLC, spent nearly eight years as a Maryland prosecutor of felony cases in Montgomery and Anne Arundel counties. Since founding the Wheaton/Silver Spring law firm, he has turned his attention to criminal defense. Attorney Jezic aggressively represents clients all over Maryland, especially in Prince George’s county and other counties in the Washington metropolitan area, as well as in Washington, D.C., who are facing such serious charges as murder, rape and armed robbery. As a Maryland criminal defense attorney, former prosecutor and personal injury trial lawyer, Andrew Jezic has tried approximately 90 trials before a jury.
In 2011 and 2013 Mr Jezic was selected to the very exclusive list of best criminal lawyers by Washingtonian magazine. Mr. Jezic has been recognized as a Super Lawyer from 2011-2016, an accolade that goes to only the top 5% of lawyers in Maryland. Mr. Jezic also has a perfect 10/10 rating on AVVO.
As a respected criminal defense attorney, Andrew Jezic is frequently called upon to speak at seminars, continuing legal education workshops and police department training. He is a co-author of the widely respected book, “Maryland Law of Confessions,” which is now in its seventh edition. He previously taught at the Law School of American University and at Montgomery College.
In 2015 Mr. Jezic was a featured speaker to a seminar composed only of judges. In 2014 Mr. Jezic was a featured speaker for the fourth year in a row at the Alan Goldstein criminal law lecture in Prince George’s County, the premier criminal law seminar for lawyers in Maryland. In 2010 Mr. Jezic was a featured speaker at the annual Law Day seminar in Montgomery County, and was asked to speak at a Cross-Examination Workshop for the Montgomery County Bar’s Criminal Law Section in October, 2008, as well as at the Office of the Public Defender’s state-wide Training Seminar in May, 2008.
As past chair of the Maryland Hispanic Bar’s Judicial Interviewing Committee, Prince George’s criminal attorney Andrew Jezic had been responsible for interviewing all applicants in the state for any judicial vacancy, including the Court of Appeals, Maryland’s highest court. Two governors from different parties have appointed him one of five members to serve on the State Board of Elections.
PG criminal Attorney Andrew Jezic received his law degree from the University of Maryland Law School. He is fluent in Spanish and proficient in German.
About Andrew Jezic
Law School: The University of Maryland School of Law
Languages Spoken: English, German, Spanish
Admitted: 1995, Maryland
Professional Webpage: http://www.jezicfirm.com/maryland-criminal-attorneys/andrew-v-jezic
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Courts in District of Columbia
- United States District Courts in Maryland
- District of Columbia
- Maryland Hispanic Bar Association
- Member, Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys Association
- Member, Anne Arundel Bar Association
- Member, Prince Georges Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Chair, Judicial Interviewing Committee, Maryland Hispanic Bar
- Former Co-Chair, Montgomery County Bar Association, Criminal Law Section
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- Speaker, Alan Goldstein Lecture, 2010
- Speaker, Law Day Seminar, Montgomery County, 2010
- Speaker, “District Court Night”, 2005
- Presenter, “Back to Court Night”, 2006-2008
- Speaker, Annual Alan J. Goldstein Conference on Criminal Law and Procedure in Upper Marlboro, 2006 and 2004
- Office of the Public Defender Training Seminar, May, 2008
- Speaker, Cross-Examination Workshop for the Montgomery County Bar’s Criminal Law Section, October, 2008
- Premier Criminal Law Seminar in Maryland
- Criminal Law Treatise, (Co-Author) Maryland Law of Confessions
Georgetown University, B.A